About the Counselor
about 1 year ago
Hello and thank you for visiting my website!
I am one of the School Counselors at Donegal Elementary School.
I graduated from Donegal High School and I hold a Masters degree in School Counseling from Millersville University. My undergraduate degree was from Cabrini College.
I am very excited to work with our families and students throughout the year!
As a School Counselor, I provide a variety of services to the children, parents, teachers, and staff of the school. My role is to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
Other responsibilities include;
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance
- Lunch groups
- Social skills groups
- Managing 504 plans
- Helping students transition to a new school or grade level
- Conducting mediation meetings
- Attend and participate in academic and behavior team meetings
- Organize building testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
Please take a moment to browse through the site to learn more about your School Counselor at Donegal Intermediate School.
If you need assistance please feel free to call me or send an email.
My direct phone number is (717-426-4187)
I welcome the opportunity to work with you and your students throughout the year!
Mary Sheetz Lynam
I taught kindergarten for 5 years and second grade for one year.
During the time of my teaching I obtained my masters in counselor education.
I have been in education for 37 years.